Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Earnestness is all that is required

As Nisargadatta said, "Earnestness is all that is required."

What you are expresses itself through the thought "I AM". Earnestly devote yourself to the "I AM". Trace it down, follow it, stay with it. Drop all concepts of enlightenment, spirituality, Gurus, shaktipat, reincarnation, chakras, quantum physics.... "You" are NOT! What you take yourself to be is a FICTION.

This is the only thing you need to do. All else is spiritual hogwash.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello
I could not find email to you so I write here:
I have been browsing around philosophy, religion and similar sites for

hours now and just ran
across yours...it's very nice.

Your site visitors may well be interested in wisdom quotes at my site

www.jagadguruchrisbutler.com
If you like my site please consider linking to it however you like on your page.

I think my site matches well with the theme on your page.
I am open to any proposition from your part.

Either way thanks for reading this and keep up the great work!

Thanks