Sunday, May 18, 2008

What does Truth even mean?

We're stuck... there is no place to go, no answer to find, no Truth to discover, no Wisdom to acquire...

Every single thing which makes up this "world", including that body-mind, is impermanent, fleeting. In reality, there are no "things" which are changing, there is nothing OTHER THAN change itself. Change itself IS the world. But yet we keep looking there for answers.

So we look to spirituality - we do meditations or mantras, read books or websites, listen to teachers... we shave our heads and wear necklaces with the correct number of beads... we hold onto these spiritual concepts because we believe they will bring us to Enlightenment... we're dead wrong.

We must SEE that ALL concepts are false, even the spiritual ones... we must SEE that the very "world" which is appearing is only a creation of Mind. Any word, ANY word is already false...

So as we rest in the simplicity of not-knowing, of not ever being able to find the answer (because anywhere we may look is already part of the illusion), we are resting in THAT which is PRIOR TO the Mind... PRIOR TO any concept we have about the world, the body-mind, the "person"...

And it may be painful to surrender our knowledge, to give up our concepts, to admit we've been telling and believing stories with no reality. But what we are is LOVE - and to fully LOVE we must be willing to LOSE.

So LOVE is the total surrender of ALL concepts we have about ourselves and the world. LOVE is the resting in total not-knowing, total and effortless acceptance of what IS, not what we BELIEVE.

If you totally give up all words and concepts and rest in pure naked awareness, what do you see? What do we truly KNOW? What reality does anything have other than that which is given in words and concepts?

If we don't use words or concepts, what does Truth even mean?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh how I wish that was true. but love is just another concept, right? :(

Still I believe in love for the same reason -I decide- to get out of bed in the morning or to put one foot in front of the other to walk.

Sometimes I just want to forget about reality and pretend it's all like most people think it is.

We are nothing more then process. Everything is the way it should be, how could it be anything else?

There are times I wish I did not know... I remember those days, they were a lot more fun, for me anyway.

I Wish I Didn't Know Now What I Didn't Know Then...

Living in that reality is just not much fun, there is no point to anything. That's just how it feels to me in the process, not right or wrong... It is what it is and was.
How could it be anything else?

Mark Twain said something that has always brought me comfort with this nothingness.

"Don't part with your illusions. When they are gone, you may still exist, but you have ceased to live."

Mark Twain


I think reality is nothing more then process and the "I Am" or what we feel or think is the current STATE in that process.
Like a chemical reaction or a leaf falling from a tree. It appearers to be nothing more than energy transformation of some sort. It means nothing. THIS IS WHAT IT FEELS LIKE TO BE PROCESS.

The part of that process I really don't like is competition and death. There no escaping it, it's what makes -life- possible.

There will always be war and death and times (or places) when people must kill or be killed. And there will always be people like that or the process would not work. In the big picture -life- will always be about sex and competition.

People often seem like machines to me now, these is no one home. I'm watching a movie by myself, but I am not really here ether, just this thing I like to call the process.

That's how feels for -me- in the process.

- David
The unenlightened one